You know that feeling of waking up and feeling like you’ve walked a thousand miles, and felt you tired and starved, right? I know it’s too hyperbolic for a moment before your Monday is finally over, but it’s just because I’m pretty excited to share this post to you. Finally, after I’m going back to my granny’s, and collecting the pieces of spirit to cook in my granny’s kitchen, I do it today. I meant, it’s not that I never got myself there, I did actually, for making an omelette or instant noodle, some things which were not included my willing to do some experiments. But this morning, once again, I did.
The story began after a sip of my Aceh Gayo Coffee, my friends brought it to me from Sabang, one of my favorite Arabica coffees so far and felt that my belly wanted something more. Opening my magical drawer, and I only found a chili powder and oat. Oat for a Healthy Monday Morning, why not? But I got no fruits to eat with, and I’m not planning to eat it plain, never. Well, this post was made for those who's on diet, or simply love to eat Oatmeal, and bored of the same way to consume it.
So I walked my feet to the vegies stall nearby my house, and buy some ingredients to make an experiment that was running through my head, for a happy healthy Monday morning. It doesn’t take too long to make this, 15 minutes is more than enough. Now, check this out.
- 1 egg
- 2 spoon table Instant Oatmeal
- 200 ml milk
- 2 spoon tea Chili Powder (optional)
- For seasoning salt, sugar, pepper
- Whisk eggs, oatmeal, milk, chili powder, salt and sugar in the bowl till it’s mixed.
- Heat 1 spoon table oil in the frying pan wait until it’s ready, and add the mixed eggs there. Flip the oat-melette and wait until it’s cooked.
- And it’s ready to fill up your empty belly, you could eat it with mayonnaise or sauce, whatever you like. I myself prefer chili powder.
It’s actually as the same as the making of scramble eggs, even the kindergarten kiddos can do it. So what’s the purpose? The purpose is to make you happy in the kitchen, doing some experiments, feel the experience, and remember the excitement, because having the same old omelette won’t color up your day.